Creating a Scholarship
How is a Scholarship Created?
Every year more and more students benefit from donors that support the school’s scholarship program. Some of these scholarships are based on financial need, some on academic performance, and some are given to students who meet other special criteria. These scholarships have been created by individuals who are committed to providing a quality, faith-based education to our children.
However, our work is not finished. We continue to seek support from those wishing to change lives, build futures, and give the gift of education. A scholarship can be created in 4 easy steps:
Set the Criteria. Who or what will your scholarship be used for?
- Tuition assistance
- Children from your parish
- Faculty development
- Students who play sports
Determine the Type of Scholarship.
- Endowed Scholarship: a long-lasting opportunity to honor or memorialize someone special. Your gift is invested and a percentage of the ‘earnings’ is used to fund the scholarship. A minimum amount of $10,000 is required.
- Pass-Through Scholarship: an annual or one-time gift to DCC that ‘passes through’ to the recipient(s).
Name your scholarship.
- In memory or honor of someone special
- In your name
- In the name of a Saint who represents a special virtue
Fund your scholarship.
- Give a one-time gift of $10,000 (required amount for an Endowed Scholarship)
- Establish a scholarship in your will
- Have others donate to your scholarship (for example, in honor of your birthday)
- Give a gift of cash $500 (recommended amount) and establish a Pass-Through Scholarship
For more information, please contact Mark Barchony, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-371-3060 ext. 632