From the IT office….No More Edline !!!
DuBois Central Catholic is continually updating their technology in order to provide the most effective and efficient support for both our students and our families. This year, we will no longer be utilizing the Edline interface for posting grades and homework assignments. We will be moving to a much more user friendly software that provides many more useful features. This new software is by Rediker, the company that already provides the school with the software for their database, scheduling, report cards, as well as many other electronic activities performed at the school. The interface that will be taking the place of Edline is called PlusPortals. There is both a Parent PlusPortal and a Student PlusPortal. This new interface provides all the features that Edline did, plus many more benefits as well as being a more user friendly process. Besides seeing grades and homework assignments, there are features for messaging and email, a school directory of staff and other participating school families, and you can see the school calendar combined with school announcements and class events posted by teachers. Beyond viewing class information, attendance, discipline, and the student’s schedule is also available. You can even view progress reports and report cards online. Also new with this software is the availability of free apps for your mobile devices. We are very excited to provide these new services to our school families. Below you will find more information on training and access of the PlusPortals.
How to login to PlusPortals the first time:
- Check your email for a message from Admin Admin.
- If you don’t see it in your Inbox, check Clutter and Junk Email.
- This email will contain your user name (which is your email address) and a link for you to go to where you can set your password.
- It will also contain the URL that you will want to save as favorite. This URL is the link that you will use to access your PlusPortal account going forward.
- There will be a separate email for each email on record with the school. For example, if there is a separate email listed for both the mother and father of a student, they will each have their own PlusPortals account.
- Students in grades 4-12 will also have his/her own PlusPortal account associated with their school email.
Using the PlusPortals is very intuitive and user friendly. But, we also have training available:
- You may go to the following link and, at your leisure, in the comfort of your home, view several training videos on various features offered in the Parent PlusPortals.
- You may attend any of the scheduled orientations – each will begin by showing the training videos in the auditorium and will be available for any questions you may have. You are free to leave after the videos are complete if you are not required to attend the orientation. The sessions are as follows:
Grades 7-12 New Student Orientation – Tuesday August 16 @ 6:00 PM
Grade 6 Orientation – Thursday August 18 @ 6:00 PM
Elementary Orientation – August 24 @ 6:00
Be sure to opt-in to be included in the school directory
The Parent PlusPortals include a Directory feature. This directory will replace the printed directory supplied by the elementary school each year. It will also include middle school and high school families. In order to protect your privacy, all accounts are set with a default of ‘opt-out’. In order for your information to be listed in the directory, you must specifically change your setting to ‘opt-in’. You have the ability to choose exactly what information you would like to include in the directory as well. Follow the instructions below to participate in sharing your information in the school directory.
- Click on your name (upper right of screen) and you will see a drop down box
- Click on Directory
- Check the box for List my information in the school directory to have your information shared with other school families. You may then choose what information you would like included in the directory.
- Finally, click Save Directory Settings
Access your school information on ANY device
In order to keep up with the ever changing technology, Parent PlusPortals is mobile device friendly and has an app that you can install on your phone or iPad. Simply search for ParentPlus. You will see the following icon. It is free to download and use. Simply enter the school name: DuBois Catholic as well as your Username and Password. There is also a StudentPlus app.