Tuition Assistance & Scholarships
If you would like your child to experience a DuBois Central Catholic education, please know that we will do everything possible to help make tuition fit your family budget.
We are committed to making Catholic education available and affordable to all interested families. To confidentially explore your options please contact Belinda Vasbinder, Business Manager at 814-371-6889 for more information.
Total financial aid and Scholarships granted for the 2014-2015 school year for DCC was $919,465.
- 71% of our students received awards
- 70% of our families received awards
Families seeking tuition assistance must complete the required forms by the designated deadlines. Forms are made available every January through the DuBois Central Catholic Business Office.
DCC Scholarship Funds
Based on Financial Need
- Ira Crosby & Eileen Cecelia McClure Scholarship:
A memorial scholarship distributed annually to high school students who demonstrate financial need.
- Fredrick Dahrouge Tuition Assistance Scholarship Fund
Mr. Fredrick Dahrouge, a St Catherine’s High School class of 1935 alumnus, created this endowed fund to provide tuition assistance scholarships to students in grades K-12 who demonstrate financial need.
- Thomas L Delaney Memorial Scholarship
Created in memory of Thomas L Delaney, the Delaney children established this endowed fund to provide three tuition assistance scholarships per year to 1 high school senior and 1 high school junior based on need. Scholarship recipients must have a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better, be civically involved and preference is given to St. Catherine’s parishioners.
- Don & Mary Georgino Scholarship Fund
After Don’s passing, Mary and the extended Georgino family established an endowed fund that embodied Don’s tremendous support of Catholic education. The Don and Mary Georgino Scholarship Fund was created to provide tuition assistance scholarships to students in grades K-12 who demonstrate financial need.
- Stephanie Rae Graeca Memorial Scholarship
Before fulfilling her dreams, Stephanie’s life was cut short at age 13 after developing leukemia. In memory of Stephanie’s gentle spirit, deep faith and love for living, her family created an endowed scholarship to help provide tuition assistance to at least 2 students per year in grades 6-12. “To enable students to enjoy the benefits of Catholic education…based upon need as a first consideration, then to achievers who strive to develop their potential academically, spiritually, personally and physically.
- The Hoover, Bonanno, Ballash Scholarship
Created to honor the family’s strong belief in Catholic education. The scholarship was created to provide tuition assistance to students in grades K-12 who demonstrate financial need.
- The Edward L Hopkins Family Scholarship Fund
Mr. Edward L Hopkins was a long-time supporter of Catholic education. In an effort to carry on his faithful and generous dedication to DuBois Central Catholic, the Hopkins’ family created an endowed scholarship in his memory. The Edward L Hopkins is awarded to students in grades 9-12 who maintain a 3.0 average and demonstrate financial need.
- The Monsignor Henry L Krebs/DCC Scholarship
To ensure the continued stability and growth of DuBois Central Catholic, Monsignor Krebs created an endowed fund. This fund encourages children to attend Catholic school by offering tuition assistance and transportation costs to those in need.
- Venetia (“Nini”) Manfredo Memorial Scholarship
This endowed scholarship was created to keep alive the memory of “Nini” and her extraordinary devotion as a mother, wife, alum, school board member, soccer fan, and friend. The scholarship provided tuition assistance to students in grades 7-12 who are “academically deserving”, demonstrate financial need, and are student athletes, with priority given to those participating in soccer.
- John J McMackin Memorial ScholarshipThis endowed scholarship was established by Mrs. Helen Marie McMackin to honor her husband John’s memory and belief in Catholic education. The fund provides tuition assistance to students from St. Tobias Parish in Brockway (their former parish) who demonstrate financial need and if no such student exists, second priority is given to any student who demonstrates financial need.
- The Francis J Mehall, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship has been created in memory of Francis Mehall and is awarded annually. A $500 scholarship is granted to a student who demonstrates financial need.
- Larue A. Neubert & Patricia H. Neubert Memorial Education Fund
This endowed scholarship is awarded annually to students who are members of the St. Tobias Catholic parish (Brockway) and are attending DuBois Central Catholic in grades K-12. Students should demonstrate financial need.
- The Mary B. Ritenour Memorial Scholarship
This 20-year scholarship has been created by Joyce Fairman to honor her mother Mary’s (Ritenour) memory and support of Catholic Education. The fund provides an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a student in grades 9-12 who demonstrate financial need.
- Unnamed Scholarship
This scholarship is to be awarded annually to students in grades K-12 that demonstrate financial need.
- Angel Fund
This is funded through designated donations. Distributions are made should a student demonstrate financial need.
Scholarship funds, either endowed or fixed term, may be established “in memory of” or “in honor of” individuals. Donations are also accepted on behalf of existing funds. School organizations also award scholarships.
- Bishop Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The Bishop’s Tuition Assistance Program is a needs based Diocesan scholarship program that helps students attend a Catholic High and/or Elementary School in the Diocese of Erie. There are no income limitations that apply to this program. Completion of the Catholic Diocese of Erie Tuition Aid Application Form must be completed.
- A.J. & Sigismunda Palumbo Foundation
This scholarship is based on an annual grant from Palumbo Foundation. Students in grades K-12 are eligible. Scholarships are awarded to newly enrolled students first. (Availability is subject to change.)
PA Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) Funding
- BRAVO Foundation
The BRAVO Foundation is funded by a PA EITC Program. Depending upon available awarded funds it is distributed to students in grades PK-12, based on results from PSAS tuition aid application.
- BRIDGE Foundation Scholarships
The BRIDGE Foundation is funded by a PA EITC Program. Depending upon available awarded funds it is distributed to students in grades PK-12, based on results from BRIDGE tuition aid application.
- STAR FoundationA needs-based scholarship program that provides tuition assistance to students who enroll in either a Catholic High School or a Catholic Elementary School (including pre-K). To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet income guidelines as a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The STAR Foundation was established as a result of the EITC program established by the Commonwealth.
- DCC Tuition Assistance Program
The school may allocate tuition assistance through its restricted reserves to qualified families with students in grades Pre-K through 12.
- Rotary Tuition Rebate Program
This program allows families to earn rebate dollars on both national and local gift certificates. Rebate dollars accrued are then deducted from the following year’s tuition account.