DuBois Central Catholic Admissions Process
The success of each student attending DuBois Central Catholic is very important to everyone at DCC. To assist parents, guardians and school administrators in determining if DCC is the best fit for a prospective student, not only academically, but also emotionally and socially the following admissions process was developed.
1. Contact Debora Kruise, Director of Admissions at 814-371-6689 or 814-371-3060 ext. 619 to schedule appointments for your family with one or more of the following individuals. You will receive a tour of our school during your visit.
a. Debora Kruise, Director of Admissions
Please submit at your initial visit final report cards from the previous two years and the most recent unofficial report card from the current year.
b. Carol Bernat, Elementary Principal or Karrie Miller, MS/HS Principal
c. Jeff Gankosky, Chief Financial Officer
Please provide your most recent tax returns
d. Tiandra Snyder, MS/HS Guidance Counselor
e. Suzanne Reed, ACT 89 Special Needs Consultant
2. At your initial visit to DuBois Central Catholic, you may wish to bring your child with you to meet the principal. Once again, we need copies of your child’s previous final report card for the past two years and the most recent report card from the current school year. Your child may take their Academic and Guidance Assessments during this visit if you have already applied and met with Mr. Gankosky. For elementary, assessments must be taken prior to your child’s Cardinal Visit.
3. You may apply to our school via our website www.duboiscatholic.com. Paper applications are also available through the Admissions Office.
(PRESCHOOL STUDENTS MUST BE 3 or 4 BY SEPT. 1
KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS MUST BE 5 BY JULY 1. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
4. Academic and Guidance Assessments are part of our Admissions Process.
a. Elementary Assessments will be given by our elementary principal or a faculty member and guidance counselor.
i. A Cardinal Visit and tour will be scheduled for your elementary child after the assessments have been reviewed and grade level has been determined. Once the Cardinal Visit has been taken, all information will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee.
ii. Middle School/High School Assessments will be given by our high school principal and guidance counselor.
1. If your child is accepted by the Admissions Committee, he/she will be invited for a Cardinal Visit as an incoming student.
Once the Admissions Process has been completed, the application and all documentation will be presented to the Admissions Committee for review. Families will be notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision.
5. All students accepted to DuBois Central Catholic are accepted on a 30 day Provisional Acceptance, contingent upon receipt of the following information:
a. Documentation provided by you during the initial school visit
b. Official school transcripts from child’s previous school requested by DCC
c. A copy of your child’s birth certificate or legal documentation showing a change of name for your child
d. Legal documentation showing custodial rights when applicable
e. Immunization Records
f. PIAA Paperwork, provided by Mrs. Karrie Miller, MS/HS Principal or Mr. Phil Esposito, Athletic Director for students in grades 7-12.
g. If the student has not graduated from SSCD or St. Francis and wishes to transfer to DCC, please provide a statement from the parish priest or principal stating the transfer was discussed with them.